The Montessori approach is to help the child, help themselves. We strongly recommend and encourage all parents to instill this philosophy in your child. We know your child will have a positive experience at Queens Montessori Academy because we will be working very hard to make sure it is.
"There are many who hold, as I do, that the most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six. For that is the time when man's intelligence itself, his greatest implement is being formed, not only his intelligence - the full totality of this psychic powers".
- Dr. Maria Montessori
The key concepts in a Montessori teaching environment are:
- An environment specially created to help a child develop his/her full potential.
- To foster independence and encourage the child to take initiative, which will enhance the rapid growth of the social, emotional and self-confidence of the child.
- The Montessori teaching is based on following the child's inner need to learn.
- The child works at his/her own pace in a non-competitive environment. A child works for the satisfaction of completing an activity.
- The creation of an individual plan for each child, the instructor is a "Guide" who directs the child's learning.
- Montessori principles are based on respect for the child's personality and the program develops the entire personality and not just the intellect.
- To build self-discipline and good work habits for future years.